Okay, I admit, my one vice is a huge cup of latté. And dare I admit it, not even a skinny latté at that! I figure that because I regularly eat healthily in general, there is nothing too bad about my latté habit because after all, we all need something naughty occasionally!
Because gracing the coffee shops each day would soon become an expensive hobby, with the amount of latté that I consume, I have finally found after many years of searching the perfect way to create my own latté, and no it doesn’t involve using a Tassimo or Dolce Gusto. I like to call this Latté a la Martins Style!
What You Will Need to Create Your Own Latté
An Electric Coffee Grinder
A Milk Frother
Freshly Ground Coffee Beans
Semi Skimmed Milk
Monin Vanilla Syrup
- Fill up the kettle and switch it on. However, do not let it boil through, switching it of a couple of seconds before.
- Grind your coffee beans.
- Empty your coffee into the cafetiere and pour the water into it, leaving it to settle for a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, fill up half a cup with milk and place it in the microwave for just over a minute.
- When the microwave has finished, use the frother to whisk the milk up for around 30 to 40 seconds.
- Plunge the cafetiere and add the coffee to the milk, mixing well.
- Finish off with a dash of Monin Vanilla Syrup if you like to have your latté very sweet!
Whilst it may seem like a lot of items to use, most of us will have these sitting around on our kitchen counters already. Once you have made the first one or two of these drinks, it will take no longer than the time it takes to boil a kettle the next time you make this from scratch.
The good thing is that with a cafetiere holding several cups, all you then need to do after your first cup is microwave and froth your milk as the cafetiere, when kept covered, will supply you with the remaining warm coffee for some time afterwards.
Speaking from someone who knows what she likes in a latté, I can’t recommend this method enough and I can guarantee you, that in next to no time, you’ll soon be swapping that coffee shop cup for a taste of your own latté!